Wednesday, October 2, 2013

if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life...

If you wanna be happy for the rest of your life...try these recipes! I know, I know, every recipe anyone posts is THE BEST RECIPE EVER!!! So I am not going to say that! What I am going to say is here are two incredibly scrumptious desserts that are very simple to put together.
 
First up we have mini cheesecakes. If you like cheesecake and you like easy, this is a your recipe. I made these for Aaron's grandparents 50th anniversary party this weekend, and they were a hit. They even looked mostly pretty! I topped them with cherry pie filling per special request, but they could have any number of toppings on them including chocolate, caramel, any fruit pie filling, crumbled oreos...and the list could go on. Without further ado, here is the recipe.
 
Mini Cheesecakes
 
2-8oz cream cheese, (softened, very important)
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
3/4 C. sugar
1 T. lemon juice
18 nilla wafers
topping of choice
 
Beat the eggs in a large bowl. Add cream cheese and mix until creamy. Add vanilla, lemon juice and sugar and mix until smooth. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place 18 cupcake liners in muffin pan, then place 1 nilla wafer in the bottom of each liner. Pour batter in cupcake liners. Bake for 12-15 minutes. Let cool completely on counter. Refrigerate for a couple of hours then add desired topping.
 
and voila...
 

 
 
 
 
Next up is a new favorite in our home. Reese's Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Dip!!!!!!! I am not kidding when I say this one is addictive! I innocently whipped some up one evening when we were having family over, and boy howdy!! It was delish!
 
 
Reese's Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Dip
 
1/2 C. unsalted butter
1/2 C. brown sugar
1/4 C. peanut butter
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
3/4 C. powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 C. mini chocolate chips
1 C. crushed reese's pieces peanut butter cups, or 1 C. reese's chips
nilla wafers, pretzels, graham crackers...
 
In a saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Whisk in brown sugar and heat until dissolved. Remove from heat, add vanilla and cool to room temp. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, and peanut butter until creamy (approx. 3 minutes). Add crown sugar mixture and stir in. Gently fold in chocolate and reese's. Serve immediately, or chill and set out 10 minutes prior to serving so it can soften some. Serve with graham crackers, nilla wafers, pretzels, or just eat with a spoon!!
 
This won't disappoint!

 
(sorry for a bad picture)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment